Associations between 503 diseases and 73 cell types were identified using three methods:
- Gene set compactness (GSC)
- Gene set overexpression (GSO)
- Text-mining of the PubMed database.
The GSC and GSO methods are implemented within the DiseaseCellTypes R-package.
Cornish et al. (2015) contains details on these three methods and how the 503 diseases and 73 cell types were selected.
- details_cells.tsv: Details of the 73 cell types tested. File contains the cell type name (NAME, obtained from FANTOM5), the mapped Cell Ontology ID (CL.ID) and the mapped MeSH terms (MESH).
- details_diseases.tsv: Details of the 503 diseases tested. File contains the disease name (NAME, obtained from DisGeNET), the mapped UMLS IDs (UMLS) and the mapped MeSH terms (MESH).
- gsc_pvalues.tsv: P-values computed using the GSC method.
- gso_pvalues.tsv: P-values computed using the GSO method.
- text_pvalues.tsv: P-values computed through text-mining of PubMed using mapped MeSH terms.